Public Transport of Pilsen
Pilsen City Transport Company ensures the majority of public transport in the Pilsen area. The system consists of three means of transport: trams, trolleybuses and buses. Three tram lines form the backbone of city transportation; they connect the biggest suburbs with the city centre, the Railway Station and the Central Bus Station. A similar function is performed by trolleybuses that serve, except for the Northern suburb, the rest of the big suburbs. The bus lines supplement the tram and trolleybus net and operate transport to smaller urban neighbourhoods. The carriages of each service are distinguished by colours and the three colours – yellow for trams, green for trolleybuses and red for buses, together with white form a four-leaf clover of city colours. The Public Transport in Pilsen belongs to the most ecological city transportation systems in Europe – two-thirds of transport consists of trams and trolleybuses that do not pollute the city environment with pollutants. Moreover, due to the visibility of the rail and trolley net, everybody can recognize where the main line tracks lead and this will easily guide him/her to the nearest stop. We wish you a pleasant journey with the Pilsen City Transport Company!
A few tips for easy travel by Public Transport of Pilsen
- It is advisable to purchase a ticket before entering the carriage. A ticket sold by a driver is more expensive and its purchase prolongs the time spent at the stop.
- When entering the carriage with a wheelchair, a pram or a dog, use the doors that are designated for this only – they are marked by a symbol of wheelchair, pram or dog.
- It is necessary to inform the driver by a hand wave before entering the carriage with a pram, a wheelchair, a bicycle, a large piece of luggage or dog and wait for his/her consent or refusal.
- Transporting bicycles is permitted during weekends and on public holidays only.
- Front doors in buses and trolleybuses are designated for physically disabled passengers only or can be used in case the passenger wants to purchase a ticket from the driver.
- To get off, it is necessary to press a self-service button to open the door (it is green in most carriages)
- For boarding at a request stop, it is necessary to visibly signal with your arm to the driver in advance. Press the “STOP” button when getting off.